Last updated: 2nd May 2018
The Data Protection Act (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) define how companies
and individuals who process and retain personal information about their customers to tell those customers
how the information will be used.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and this policy explains how we will use your personal data.
2. Who Are We?
Payday Pig ® is a registered trading name of Stop Go Networks Limited a firm registered in Scotland (Company number SC380072). We are directly authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (firm reference number 729572) and licensed by the Information Commissioners Office (registration number Z2282935) to hold and process personal data on behalf of our customers.
3. Your Data
3.1. What personal data do we collect?
We collect various personal data from you in a number of different ways:
- When you complete our application form we require you to provide your name and address, contact details including telephone numbers and email address, employment and salary details, expenditure and banking details.
- When you send us messages we collect your name, email address and phone number and all correspondence we exchange.
- Whenever you use our website we collect information including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
3.2. Why do we collect this information?
When you submit your personal data we collect this information so we can give you the best possible service.
We will try and introduce you to a lender, broker or alternative solution provider, according to your request,
and to comply with certain financial services regulations. The information is required to:
- Enable us to provide your information to lenders, brokers or alternative product providers.
- Validate your identity.
- Help us to find you the most appropriate product(s).
- Enable us or the product provider to contact you regarding your application.
- Enable the product provider to access your credit history.
- Reduce the likelihood of fraudulent activity or money laundering.
- Enable us to contact you regarding your enquiry.
3.3. Who might we share your information with?
In order to perform our service, we need to share your information with the following third parties, operating
as data controllers or data processors:
- Personal loan providers
- Short term loan providers
- Guarantor loan providers
- Credit brokers
- Car Finance loan providers
- Car Finance credit brokers
- Credit Referencing Agencies (CRAs)
- Identity and Verification service providers
- Data aggregation companies
- Credit report and scores services
- Personal data monitoring services
- Government agencies
These third parties may disclose all personal data included in the loan application and loan repayment details to your credit record.
In order to provide you with the service these third parties may contact you by sending you service messages via SMS, email or automated calls.
The information disclosed may be stored and used by these third parties for the following purposes: assessing the risk to grant credit; preventing fraud and money laundering (including to verify your identity and to trace debtors); carrying out research such as analysis of market trends and customer demographics; customise and develop the product/service which they offer to you or other individuals in the future.
The CRAs have produced a standard Credit Reference Agency Information Notice (CRAIN), which sets out how data will be processed by the three CRAs and how each can be contacted:
- Experian: www.experian.co.uk/crain
- Equifax: www.equifax.co.uk/crain
- Call Credit: www.callcredit.co.uk/crain
With your explicit consent we may use your personal data to provide you with information about related
products and services which may be of interest to you.
With your explicit consent we may also share your personal information for marketing purposes to third parties offering related products and services which we think may be of interest to you:
- The names of these third parties are: Active Securities Limited, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London N1 7G (UK company number 05671281).
- The list of related products and services are: auto finance, banking, credit cards, credit score, insurance, short-term loans, and personal loans.
3.5. Data security and retention
We understand that the privacy and security of your personal data is of great importance and therefore we
have implemented technology, security polices, rules and controls to protect your information.
We and our third-parties will only retain personal data for as long as is necessary. In accordance with legislation, personal data related to loan applications may be retained for up to six years.
Personal data related to requests to be removed from marketing lists will be retained indefinitely.
3.6. Where will your personal data be held?
Your personal data may be held within the European Economic Area (EEA) or outside the EEA. If any personal data is transferred or stored outside of the EEA, we check whether the EU Commission has determined that it will afforded the same level of protection as it would within the EEA (this is called an adequacy decision).
4. Your Rights
4.1. Right to access
You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you. You can request this by using our contact page. We may charge a fee for manifestly unfounded or excessive requests.
4.2. Right to rectify your personal data
If you notice that the information we hold about you is not correct, you may ask us to change it to make sure that it is accurate and up to date. You can request this by using our contact page.
4.3. Right to be forgotten
You may ask us to delete your personal data. It may not be possible where we are required to retain your data. You can request this by using our contact page.
4.4. Automated decisions
We use automated algorithms to process the personal data you provide to us to select a lender, broker or alternative solution provider.
4.5. Other rights
You may also ask us to stop or restrict our processing of your personal data or to transfer your personal information to a third party in certain circumstances. You can request this by using our contact page.
4.6. The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with us directly and / or with a supervisory authority. In the UK the relevant authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find their contact details here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Representative Example: Amount of credit £200 borrowed for 28 days. Total amount payable £240.20, Interest: £40.20. Interest rate: 262% per annum fixed*. Representative 1261% APR
Warning: Late repayment can cause you serious money problems. For help, go to moneyadviceservice.org.uk.
If you are thinking of consolidating existing borrowing, you should be aware that you may be extending the terms of the debt and increasing the total amount you repay.